Friday, June 4, 2010

Birthday Fun

I had an amazing 31st birthday on Friday, May 28th and also got to celebrate during the weekend a bit too.  Not too shabby if I do say so myself.  My family and friends were amazing and I truly felt so loved.

The day before my birthday, Jim came home with some special birthday balloons for me from the kids and a fun birthday banner.  It was such a nice surprise.  (Note, one of the birthday balloons was from our super awesome friends the Wisners.)
Then when I woke up I was given my gifts from the family.  Jim and the kids all got me the sweetest cards.  They were precious!  My big surprise was a new watch.  You will see it in most of the following pictures.  It is really cool and my favorite color pink!  Thank you family!  I love it!

On my official birthday we got to spend the morning with my fabulous friend, Natalie and Evan's buddy, Tyler.

The boys had a really good time at the play place in the mall.  We got some great pictures of them playing together.  This was a challenge as they were moving every minute we were there.

Then we walked over to B.J.'s for a delicious lunch and a birthday Pizookie.  The kids especially loved this part! :)
 
That night Jim, me and the kids went out to dinner at Food Newtwork's star, Guy Fieri's restaurant in Sacramento, Tex Wasabis (a Rock N' Roll Sushi BBQ restaurant).  It was my first time there; we had a nice time.

Here are Evan and I with the restaurant's cool fish rider statue.
Here is a fun family photo at the restaurant.
 
Evan got to have another dessert at this restaurant.  An ice cream sundae with crushed fortune cookies.  Yummy! 
 
 Lastly, a picture of me and Evie.  Matching in pink.
Finally that night, we visited my parents for some more family birthday fun.

The best part of my birthday celebration is the festivities continued throughout the weekend with a trip to the Folsom Zoo (I will do a separate post for this), a luxurious mani/pedi while Jim watched the kidos, and a special birthday cake from Jim's Dad and Deb on Sunday.  Here we are eating the chocolate goodness.  Again, Evan loving it!  Let's just say he made out pretty well over the weekend too! :)
 
Thank you again to all my amazing family and friends for a super special day!  Your cards, emails, phone calls, and Facebook greetings truly made for the best 31st birthday I could have asked for.  Love you all!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Hi Kim! Glad to hear your 31st birthday was so good. Hope the rest of the year is just as great! Love you!