Sunday, October 28, 2012

California Capital Air Show

Our family got to go to the 7th Annual California Capital Air Show at Mather Airport on Sunday, September 9.  It was awesome and something that we had been wanting to do for sometime and finally made it out to enjoy.  The cool thing is my brother and sister-in-law were also there, Debra's work is one of the show's sponsors so they were able to get super cool seats and were able to let us sit with them too.  Here are Evie and Evan waiting for the second half of the show to begin.  
Evie, Elaine and I didn't sit for too long, Elaine was getting a little antsy, but Evan and Jim were enjoying the awesome view of all the air action.  Debra and Rhett are also amazing photographers the shots of the planes are their work.  Debra got some fantastic photos.
 
Before taking our seats, Jim and the kids and I did get to see a few planes up close.  The kids thought this was pretty neat.  You can see Jim and the kids coming back from walking through the plane.
Elaine and I waited outside.
Here is everyone checking out one of the airshow sites taking place too.  I love how everyone is looking into the air.
Here is an adorable picture of my Evie girl as we were relaxing a bit in the shade.  It was a pretty toasty day and the only real shade was under some of the airplanes wings.  However, we did luck out that they also had a KidZone that only people with children could go into.  This had a fantastic tent area and all sorts of games and activities for the kids.
Here are Rhett and Debra pictured in the KidZone tent below after the airshow was finished.
Here are Elaine, Jim and I too.
A fun fact about this event is Elaine was able to sleep through some of the super loud Thunderbird fly overs.  It was amazing!  Kids are so resilient   Overall, we had so much fun.  All the fly overs were pretty unbelievable and such a site to see.  I am sure we will be coming back to this event for many years.

No comments: