Friday, October 5, 2012

Big Girl Bed!

On Monday, September 3 we switched Evie into her big girl toddler bed.  She was so excited.  She never really tried to crawl out of her crib, but we figured the time had come to switch her over and then she could just get up in the morning and not have to wait for us to hear her crying to come get her.  We gave her the choice to see if she wanted to switch and she didn't really even have to think about it and said yes with a big smile.  She told us her bed now had a gate and she would like to have a bed just like Evan's.

So that evening we made the switch and Daddy got to work to change things over.

Before, doesn't she look like a girl ready for a change. :)  Just look at that look and leg over the side.
After, our super happy girl!
Big Brother getting into the fun too!
 
Here she is all ready for bed for the first time in her big girl bed with all of her babies.  She likes to sleep with like a million babies.  It is hard to believe there is room for Evie sometimes. :)
 
Sweet Dreams little Evie!  We love you!


1 comment:

Lois said...

So sweet!! I can't believe that it's that time already. I love the look when she has the "gate" still up. :) That bed is so cool. I like the way it already had the side to put on so she doesn't fall out of bed when she's asleep.

As for all the "babies" ... Kate used to have a "million" of them on her bed, too. One night I went to check on her before I went to bed and give her a kiss and from the pile of "babies" one of the heads and eyes were following me!! It scared the wits out of me until I realized it was our Westie (dog) who had made his way into the middle of them to sleep!! :) hahaha

I hope Evie continues to love her new bed!