Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Festivities

We had a wonderful Easter this year and really were able to stretch out the event and focus on the real importance of the day, our Savior's resurrection. We started by of course decorating the house with all things Easter. Then we attended a couple Easter Egg Hunts and our church's Holy Week activities, which included a Last Super Potluck and Good Friday service. We also colored eggs for the first time together as a family. Okay, Evan really just watched, but it was still cool! :)

Another really neat thing we did was read a new book most nights this week to Evan about "What is Easter?" It talks about how Easter eggs, the Easter Bunny and candy are all fun, but the real reason we celebrate Easter is God's son. I totally recommend it; I found it at Barnes and Nobles. :) Evan enjoys it too which is what it is all about.
Our holiday also included lots of fun with family.

Pops and GrandDeb came over on Saturday and brought us all Easter goodies, including this super cool Lightening McQueen Easter basket that Evan is holding

...and an adorable bunny hat for Evie.

Then on Sunday my parents came to church with us and we had a delicious lunch from Claim Jumpers and enjoyed a blustery egg hunt in the backyard with Evan, along with more Easter goodies.

Evan finding the eggs.

Evan made out pretty well and loved finding all the eggs. The best part was that he didn't really care what was inside them, but just wanted to put MORE in his basket. So don't tell him, but these were empty eggs! Jim and I lucked out this year. Next year, he might actual care what is inside of them. :)

Here is Evan holding up Mater the Greater. One of the Easter goodies my parents got him. He was soooooooooo excited!

Later on that day we also had Evan find our Easter baskets from the Easter Bunny. He thought that was pretty fun too! Except once he found his that is all he wanted to look for and kept saying open, open! :)

Lastly, no Easter would be complete without super spiffy outfits and kids posing in them! :)

Hope you and your families had an amazing Easter holiday! From our little Easter Bunny, Happy Easter! Love you all!

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

What a great holiday, Kim! I especially loved seeing your Easter decorations in the background--I think they deserve their own blog post! ;)

Both our kids got sick on Easter and were SUPER grouchy, so our holiday was a little different than expected. I'll have to find a positive way to post about it soon! :)

D clan 5 said...

Hey guys! What a cute family photo of the 4 of you! I love reading all about your Easter festivities! I keep daydreaming about Sammy & Evan playing together and thinking about how much fun they would have! Evie is just gorgeous - I love those cheeks! :) Have a great day!

Julie said...

Happy Easter! Looks like you guys had a great celebration. Your family is looking fab!

Unknown said...

That is the sweetest family picture! I love it, your kids are so beautiful! :)