Thursday, August 29, 2013

Gymnastics and Ballet

Both kids got to participate in a summer recreation class this year.

Evan took a Gymnastic Class at Byer's Gymnastics in Roseville for four Mondays in the morning with his buddy Cameron and Evie took a Ballet Class in Rocklin with the Parks and Rec with her best girlfriend Ariel on Monday afternoons.  Made for a busy Monday, but the kids loved it!

They especially enjoyed having a chance to learn a new skill and couldn't wait for their classes to take place each week.

Here are some pictures captured of each of their experiences.

Evan's Gymnastic teacher was Mr. Dominic.  Evan thought he was pretty cool!  Evan loved gymnastic and was getting really good by the end.  I am biased, but I think he is a somewhat natural gymnast.  We may consider more permanent lessons if he desires someday.  It was so much fun to see him excel and grow in this sport. 
Here he is practicing one of his favorite moves, the handstand.
Here are Cameron and Evan together.  Side note the outfit that Evan has on in this picture was his favorite.  he felt like it was his gymnastic uniform, especially since Evie had to wear a leotard and shoes, etc. for ballet.  He felt pretty cool wearing it and wanted to wearing each week, but I told him we needed to mix it up a little bit. :)
Watching Mr. Dominic demonstrate a drill they were to all try.
Reverse somersault, Evan got pretty good at these too and really liked them.
Morning stretches
Mr. Dominic marking smiling faces with chalk on the trampoline.  So the kids would know to just jump on their smiling face.
Jumping on the trampoline.  The kids just loved this part.  The challenge was staying in their designated areas.
More handstands.
Final lesson pep talk.

Evie's ballet class was a little stressful for me.  No parents were allowed in the room during practice and you couldn't even easily watch through a window.  The teacher put up blockers so you could only look through small cracks.  She did this to prevent potential distraction.  I was not a big fan, but we continued the class because Evie was having fun.  Nonetheless, my pictures of the class were not too great.  I had to take pictures through the window and over my head to see above the blockers.  Here is a great example of what I am talking about.  You can actually see my reflection in the window as I take this picture and how I have to lift it above my head. 
However, I was able to get some cute ones of Evie outside of the class in her outfit too, which was great!

Here's our little ballerina!  We couldn't get enough of how adorable Evie looked in her ballet outfit.
Here are some other attempts at pictures from the classes.  Luckily my camera has a decent zoom lens.  Their teachers name was Ms. Sue.
 
  
Two of the Cutest Ballerinas Ever!
 
Both working to show us some of their new moves they learned.
 
 We even got some real cute pictures of them outside too!
A few more pictures from some of the other lessons below. 
Here are the girls after their class again.  They would always get a hand stamp when class was over.  Here Evie is tell us all about what they learned.
 
Overall, the kids had a great time learning a new skill.  Jim and I were so proud of both of them.  Way to go Evan and Evie!  We love you!!!

No comments: