Today was Evan's first day of Kindergarten. He was so excited. Just look at the beautiful smile. He shirt was awesome too! We found it at Macy's and it says "School is Cool!" with the starts of Monsters University. Here is a great shot of him just looking like such a handsome big boy!
Here he is talking to Daddy. He gave him a little pep talk when we arrived at school. Reminding him to smile because everyone wants to be friends with someone that smiles. Last night he and Mommy had a little talk too about how everyone gets nervous when starting new things after he told me he was a little nervous about starting Kindergarten today. I told him that I was nervous too when I had to go to his open house last week and meet the other parents and teachers, but when I arrived and got to get to know everyone I felt much better. He couldn't believe that adults got nervous too and felt much better. :)
Then the crew gave me a thumbs up. Evan looks a little nervous here, but quickly warmed up as you can see in the following pictures. Evie was super pumped up though! Just look at that sweet smile. (Side note, while Evan was at school Evie wanted to make him a little note saying "Great job today Brother!" She colored all sorts of pieces of paper and put it in a special envelope with his name on it. I traced his name in yellow and then she wrote over it in green. This was all her idea. I love this girl!!!) Elaine just woke up before we walked out the door, so she is is taking it all in.
Isn't this sign adorable and a little hard to believe..."Class of 2026!" The Kindergarten teachers made them for all the kids to be able to pose and get pictures underneath.
Then he quickly sat down and starting checking out the awesome toys on the table with some of the other boys.
He was a natural!
Way to go Evan! Your family is so proud of you. We love you big Kindergartner!!!
2 comments:
How is this possible? Hahaha
So proud of my awesome nephew! Auntie Alison sends her love!
Yay Evan!! We're so proud of you! :)
Post a Comment