Saturday, August 18, 2012

One Month Old

Elaine turned one month old on August 8, a day after he brother's 4th birthday.  Elaine and Evan have a fun connection.  Her birthday is on 7-8 and his birthday is on 8-7.  Gotta love numbers!

To date Elaine is one of the sweetest babies in the whole world.  We feel so blessed!  She has brought such joy to our family.  Elaine's accomplishments at one month old include:

-She is a fantastic sleeper.  She doesn't sleep through the night yet, but since birth she pretty much goes right back to sleep after feeding her, changing her, and burping her and can sleep in good chunks of about 3 to 4 hours.  She is awake more these days and has a few fussy evenings, but really we can't complain.  This child has by far been our most content baby yet.  She also will continue to sleep when you lay her down which is awesome.  Evan and Evie both used to be a challenge in this area, especially Evan.
-She is a solid eater (she does like to eat in clusters, but again can't really complain).  Nursing is going really well this time around.  I have to give credit to Lansinoh HPA Lanolin.  This product was a lifesaver in getting conditioned back to nursing again.  She is growing like a weed.  It is exciting and sad at the same time.  It is true after having more and more children how quickly time flies by with each one.  I am working hard to make sure she wears all of her clothes before they don't fit anymore.
-She is smiling a lot now too.  It is adorable and sometimes she does this precious little squeal when she smiles.  Priceless!  One of her favorite things to smile at is the fan in our front room.
-Elaine enjoys bath time, especially when she gets to bathe with big brother and sister. They think it is so cool to all be in the tub together.

Overall, Elaine is amazing and baby number three is an adjustment, but she has helped ease us into the craziness of everything by being such a good little girl.  Also, I think it helps a great deal that Jim and I are more seasoned now as parents.  We also can't forget that Evan and Evie are super duper helpers too.  Sure do love our family and can't image it without our newest little bundle Elaine Grace.  Thank you God for blessing us with her!

1 comment:

Lois said...

I CAN NOT believe that Elaine is 1 month old (and a bit now)!! The pictures turned out so well of her on her beautiful blankets. I can't tell if she looks more like Evan or Evie. There are bits of both in her. I guess that means she looks just like ... herself.

It sounds like you all are settling into family of 5 quite well. I'm sure it has it's moments but overall it sounds like it's going well. The sleeping part sure is a blessing. Let's hope it just continues to get better and better!

Love
Lois