Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Easter Sunday, April 24

 
My beautiful princess, Evie Joy, all dressed up in her Easter dress ready to go to church.

Below is a picture with Momma's little handsome man, Evan Asher.  This was the only picture he was willing to really pose for that day and it had to be with Mommy.  I did have a little tie and vest that came with this outfit too, but he wasn't having it.  Jim and I were lucky to get him in this shirt.  However, a funny side note, all the boys in his Sunday School class were also wearing very similar green shirts.  When he saw this I think he felt a lot cooler. :)
This was the best family picture we got on Easter Sunday and we had to have it taken with a present.  Evan just wasn't in the mood.  I think I burnt him out on pictures because I basically was taking them all weekend long throughout all the Easter festivities.
Our Easter Sunday consisted of going to church in the morning with my parents and then a day of family and fun celebrating that Christ has Risen! 

Here is a picture with Grandma and Grandpa and Evie. 
After church the family came over, my Grandma, Aunt Debra and Uncle Rhett, and Pops.  It was so nice to all be together for Easter.  Here is a picture of the girls that day.
Once everyone arrived, the kids and I changed into something a little more comfortable, and before our Easter feast we had an Easter Egg Hunt for the kids in the backyard.  My Mom, Debra and I hide the eggs, while the kids were distracted inside by everyone else.  It was a good thing we had the hunt before we ate too because while we were eating it started raining.  Such weird Easter weather this year. 

This was a fun picture Debra got of a special Lightening McQueen egg.  The cool thing was a car was hidden in here.  Evan was loving it!
Here is Evan in action during the hunt.
Evie was having a good time too.  Here she is opening one of the eggs during the hunt.
Evan was being an especially sweet brother on Easter and sharing some of the eggs he found with Evie.  Makes your heart melt as a Mommy.
Here is my handsome hubby helping Evie to find some eggs too.
I just love how Evan got into searching for the eggs.  The kids are both at such fantastic ages.
Evie's basket got so heavy at the end of the hunt that she started dragging it along on the grass.  Adorable!
Here is the family watching the kids search for the eggs from the Easter Bunny.
After all the fun of the egg hunt, we headed inside for some delicious food.  Here are Pops and Jim carving the ham.  This was the first time Jim and I ever baked a ham.  I think it turned out pretty good if I don't say so myself. :)
Here is the fam eating.  I am that horrible family member that makes people take pictures while they are eating.  I think I got my Dad photographed mid-bite.  Sorry family!  I love you and thanks for the memories and for posing for my pictures. :)
After the meal, we all got to enjoy this cute and yummy bunny cake I made for dessert! 
The kids couldn't wait to dig in and enjoy! :)
After all the Easter festivities, the kids were tired.  Both took great naps.  Here is Evan passed out on the chair.
This is a picture I just wanted to share of Evie and the very cute tie and vest that came with Evan's outfit.  I put it on Evie and she wore it well.  I was glad someone could get some use out of it. :) 
 
We had such wonderful Easter.  The most important thing was the celebration of Christ's Resurrection and that we did!  My favorite part of Easter this year was when Evan said on Easter that "Christ has Risen!"  Praise God for this and for my family!  Hope you all had great Easters too.  Sorry I am soooo late in posting this, but better late than never, right?!?!

1 comment:

Wisners said...

Great pics from the day. I love that Evie is wearing Evan's tie & vest! Too funny!
Love the bunny cake too. you're so creative!