Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Anatomy Ultrasound

We had the opportunity today to get an anatomy ultrasound at Hoag in Huntington Beach today. Jim and I were very excited to see our son again at 19 weeks. This appointment was early in the morning and required a full bladder. While I was happy about the ultrasound the full bladder was hard and really quite unpleasant. I didn't know how I was going to enjoy this ultrasound, but I figured I had to endure. When we got in the room and she put the ultrasound tool on my stomach she said oh you have too much water in there and she said I could empty my bladder, which was a big relief, but of course, I wasn't sure if this would mess up the viewing. She assured me that it would be okay to empty my bladder and said that they only do this for certain people as the water allows for a better picture depending on body types, and can sometimes angle the baby just right, but apparently my body type was okay and I was free to be empty. Thank goodness! I was so happy and able to enjoy the ultrasound comfortably.

We got to see soooooo many amazing things during this appointment. The sonogram technician went through and measured each part of his anatomy. So far our boy appears to be right on track. One of the really phenomenal things we viewed was his eye lens. They didn't get a photo of this, but it was quite awe inspiring. During the last ultrasound at 13 weeks we saw his eye sockets, but seeing the lens was really neat because you could see them moving. I wish we had a video of the whole appointment, but no camera's were allowed- we tried and were prepared just in case. However, we are very excited about the pictures and mini videos that Hoag gave us during the exam. You can see them below.

To start things off, we got 100% confirmation that we are having a BOY as you will see from the first picture. :)

Then we got a really cool view of his little feet. The neat thing about this was we discovered he has feet just like Jim. The sonogram technician, immediately said who has the toe longer than the big toe?!? She wrote "Hang Ten" on the picture because you could see all ten toes.

This picture shows how handsome our little guy already is. He has the most perfect profile. We can't wait to meet him and give him all our love.

This picture was fun; here he gives us a nice thumbs up! Gotta love this little guy already- full of good times and a positive attitude! :)

Can you say drama!? This final still photo shows our son and how has had a pretty big morning. Look at his hand on his head. What a trooper through this whole ultrasound.

These last pictures are really the hit of the show, they are motion videos of our son's heartbeat. Please enjoy the miracle of life- we sure can't get enough of it!

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Wow, what wonderful pictures to have of your little guy! Isn't it amazing that you can see how he takes after Jim already? God is so cool! :)

Carolyn said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JIM!!! Gary and I were talking about corned beef and cabbage tonight, which of course reminded us of your birthday. ;) Hope it's a good one!