Monday, November 8, 2010

Knight Halloween Festivities

Hope you all had a wonderful Halloween with your families.  We sure did! 
It was a fun filled Garden/Farm themed adventure...with a little angel and race car driver in there too!

Our Halloween Sunday started off with going to church.  Jim and I had just purchased some new pajamas for the kids and happened to get some that were or could be like a costume.  So I decided to put them on the kids for their Sunday School Classes.

Evan wore his race car driver p.j. shirt
 
...and Evie wore her new angel p.j.'s.  It actually came with the little tutu too.
 
After church we got to have lunch with Pops.  He and GrandDeb brought us all Halloween Goodies.  It was sooooo sweet literally! :)  Thank you from all of us!
After his visit and nap time, Grandma and Grandpa Thompson came over.  They brought the kids Halloween buckets from McDonald's and Jim and I some accessories for our costumes that we would be wearing that evening.  Thank you too!

That night we all geared up and got ready for Trick-or-Treating around the neighborhood.  Jim and I figured this would be the last year we could really decide what Evan would be for Halloween and thus decided that we would all be part of a Garden Themed Halloween.  This would allow Jim and I to easily dress up like Gardeners.
 
Evan was a Garden Gnome
 
...and Evie was a Flower.
 
 It was fantastic!  Until, we came to the kids putting on their head gear that accompanied their costumes. :)
We did manage to get the head pieces on for a few pictures, but mainly got a lot of NO's from Evan as see below and running away.
And lots of pulling and tugging of her costume from Evie.  I just love this picture below.

The good thing for Evie is we had an alternative to her head piece - a flower hair clip.  She did wear this and it can be seen in several of the pictures.

Jim and I decided that we would avoid head gear costumes for next year if at all possible. :)  However, this was a fun problem to have and will I am sure be very memorable for years to come. :)

After achieving some decent pictures of everyone in their outfits, we headed out for Trick-or-Treating.  Evan's second time and Evie's first.  I think again that we were more excited than the kids, but I do think that Evan was equally excited this year.  He got way into it and became a Trick-or-Treating pro! :) Here is a picture of me and the kids as we left our house.

 
One of our favorite houses to visit was our neighbor and friend's house Nilda and Dave.  Nilda is also Evan's Sunday School teacher.  She was awesome and very festivie dressed in a pumpkin costume.  She gave both Evan and Evie little glow stick necklaces, spider rings, and yummy pretzels.  Here is a picture of her in action with the kids.
While visiting Ms. Nilda, she also took a picture of our family at her door.  You can see us in action.  Jim was walking around with a rake; it was pretty awesome!  The cool thing too is we actually got Evan to put his hat on again for this picture.

So many of our neighbors got into the festivities.  One of our neighbors even puts on a full Haunted House.  Jim and I actually walked through it taking turns while watching the kids outside.  They had a friend to keep them company in the yard.  I love how they are looking at this crazy guy in this picture.  Evan eventually did get closer, he was a really good sport and thought that they were silly.
Here is our little dude at another house.  He was fearless.  Jim and I were so proud!

We ultimately made it Trick-or-Treating to about two and a half blocks.  At this point Evie wanted out of the stroller and Evan wanted in. :)
Since Evan didn't really want to wear his head gear we were commonly mistaken for Farmers, we initially corrected people, but by the end of the night...Farmers we were, with a little flower! :)

When we got home the kids inspected all their lot, along with Mommy and Daddy.  They were adorable checking everything out. 
Lollipops were the big hit for both kids.
Evie especially enjoyed trying to put all the lollipops in her mouth and trying to take the wrappers off.  It became a real fun game. 
Mommy and Daddy got in on the fun too! :)
Lastly, we also got to hand out candy at the door, which is always fun too!  Here are Jim and Evan in action when we got home.

 
It was the perfect end to a great day.  Happy Belated Halloween to all of you!  Love the Knight Family.

No comments: