Sunday, October 5, 2008

Just out of the hospital?!?!

I just returned home from the hospital early this morning after being their since Wednesday night. I was suffering from a plugged milk duct. That milk duct turned into a severe case of mastitis. I was admitted into the hospital after waiting in the emergency room with a fever for eight hours- no fun. Once admitted I began receiving IV antibiotics and pain medicine and then went into surgery to drain the plug. This has all been so unbelievable. We had no idea it had gotten so severe and would require me to be in the hospital for five days, and that I would have to continue with home nursing care to rebandage my wound everyday until it heals. God is good and I am at least on the up-hill stretch now headed toward recovery. The wound is still pretty bad and my mom and Jim have been trained on how to rebandage too. Breasfeeding has been put on hold on the infected breast, however, we are hoping to still be able to continue with the Lord's help. Thank goodness Evan has been doing great with formula. He is such a trooper; the hardest part of this whole ordeal was being away from him and my family in the hospital. I was so blessed with tons of help in my absence. My whole family chipped in to care for me and the little one. I love you guys! :) Here is a picture of Evan and Jim visiting me at the hospital on day four.

5 comments:

Megan Kocher said...

Oh, no! Kim! Glad to hear that you are past the surgery. I was just praying this morning that all was well and that things had healed. :-/ Wishing you a speedy recovery, a good find on a house, and lots of rest and great days! ((Hugs)) to all of you.

ALANNA ON THE MOVE said...

Holy cow! Who knew, indeed. I'm glad you are on the mend. Evan is darling!

The Moons said...

Scary...I am glad you are doing better...I will defiantly keep you in my prayers...I love you and I hope to see you soon!! ~ Jenn

Amy B said...

Wow! That sounds rough. I'm glad you are ok. Miss you already down here, but so happy for you guys as well! - amy

D clan 5 said...

Nothing can hold a Knight down! Way to fight your way through it! Keep it up :)