Saturday, March 2, 2013

Christmas Happenings

Still catching up, bear with me as I share about Christmas...

This was Elaine's first Christmas and boy did she get to do a lot!  
It all began when we put up our Christmas Decorations starting on November 23.
The big kids had so much fun hanging up ornaments this year and they really were great helpers.  There was a bit of rearranging after all was said and done, only because sometimes certain areas of the tree were covered with ornaments and others were bear, but overall they were excellent.
This was Evan's favorite ornament because it said his name and it was a snow globe.  He was a tad obsessed.  It actually did eventually end up breaking because he wanted to hold it all the time and accidentally dropped it.  However, I think it helped him learn his lesson and we at least got a picture of it before it broke.
Elaine got into the fun too and especially enjoyed the ornaments that played music, moved, and lite up.
Next was our annual visit with Santa on November 24.
They had a new interactive attraction that the kids could play with as we waiting in line.
Here is Elaine all dressed up in her special Santa dress from the Wilder Family, as we wait in line.
Here are the kids and Daddy collecting a special bracelet from Santa after their visit and picture.
Here was the official picture.  The hilarious thing is Santa was also holding Evan on his lap too, but then Elaine got a little squirmy for him and then Evan ended up standing with Evie, which in the end turned out cuter anyways.  I should mention that Evie didn't want to sit on Santa's lap.  She was excited to see him, but thought standing was a good option.
Then on December 1 our elf, Rudy Pepper Christmas Train, arrived.  Didn't the kids give him the cutest name ever.  It all came about by a brainstorming session we had in trying to come up with his name and there you have it.
Evie and Evan were so excited and couldn't believe we had a "real life" elf in our house.  They could barely sleep that night.  Evan actually woke up at one point and was really concerned about where Rudy was.
Elaine had fun too!
Mommy also was able to get into the fun with MOPS.  This was a fun snack she provided to the MOPS Leadership on December 7 during one of our meetings.  They cake place messed up the message, it was supposed to say Good job MOPS Steering Team, instead it came out like this.  I actually thought it came out much better.  So fun!
On December 14 we had our last meeting of the semester and had our annual Christmas Outfit/Sweater Contest.  I was a Lighting Engineer, complete with a strand of lights and everything.  Good times. :)
Then on December 16, our family embarked on our first Gingerbread House adventure.  This was a lot of fun.  Here is everyone in action.
Evie really was enjoying it and stuck with it for most of the decorating. Evan moved on to playing pretty quickly after. I love this picture, I am just noticing Rudy Pepper was in the background too.  Hee hee!
Elaine and I got to get in on the pictures too.
Here is the final product.  Our Gingerbread Train Station.
On December 17 we went out for our annual Christmas Lights Tour with MOPS.  Here is the family in the parking lot getting read to head out with all our friends.
Evan asked me to take his picture on this light pole. 
This was one of the fun attractions on our walk.  Santa in his workshop.  He even had a Nice List, Elaine's name was on it! :)
These were some other fun houses.  Here are the kids with Lily, Milly and Tilly.
Here is Evie with Lightening.  She requested to pose with him.  Is she her brother's sister or what?!
Elaine passed out during our walk.  Overall it was a really great night and lots of fun.
Then there was Evan's Preschool Christmas Party on December 20.  Here is Elaine with her girlfriend Avery.
Evan with his beloved Mrs. Netty as she opened his Christmas gift to her.
I love this picture of the boys, Miles, Charlie, Ewan and Evan.  Four very handsome little men.
This was the best party, we meet at Campelli's Pizza and the kids got to each make their own pizza.  They all had a blast!  Here is Ms. Ashley giving instructions on what to do first.


Lastly, we had fun at the Meyer's House on December 22.  They invited our family over for breakfast and Ms. Lois helped the kids participate in their first Hot Chocolate Train (It was like the Polar Express).  They had so much fun, Evie was the biggest fan of this experience.  She couldn't wait to have her drink.
Hoping to also post our actual Christmas Eve and Christmas Day real soon.  Better late than never, right! :)

2 comments:

Lois said...

Of COURSE better late than never!! You're actually not too far behind. With three kids this is really pretty good. And it's such a great way to document their life. It's fun to look back at the pictures here. It all looked like so much fun! The picture with the tree all decorated and the lights on your hutch was so festive and all twinkly. I love Evie's concentration on making the Gingerbread Train! It's also fun to see the kids decorating the tree (and you admitting to going back later and moving them around ... I did that, too, after they went to bed. :) ) I like the way Elaine is looking at the musical ornament. keep up the goo work!!

Lois said...

I can't believe it ... my post got erased! Drats! I'll try again. I said ... better late than never is always good and you really aren't that far behind with three kids! I loved looking in at your Christmas. It reminds me how fun it is. I loved the concentration on Evie's face as she decorated the gingerbread train. I also like seeing them decorating the tree and you admitting to doing a little moving around of the ornaments later. (I used to do that, too, after the kids went to bed!) :) It's so cute how excited Evan was with Rudy Pepper Christmas Train (I don't know how you remember that name!) when he's on top of your china hutch. Elaine is so cute getting all happy about the musical ornament. Christmas is so great with kids!! Thanks for sharing. :)