Thursday, November 8, 2012

Romance Weekend in South Lake Tahoe

Jim and I got the opportunity to escape for an overnight trip away from the big kids with our Church to Lake Tahoe on the weekend of October 19-20.  It was AWESOME!  We had a spectacular time and couldn't get enough of the beauty of God's creation at the resort where we stayed, Resort at Squaw Creek, Lake Tahoe and the area in general.

This is also where they film the Olympic Zone during the Winter Olympics.  Here are Elaine and I by the country flags.
Here is a picture of our room 

and the beautiful view out the window...breathtaking!
Here are some pictures of the Lake that we got right before we left to come home on Saturday during a walk we took.
Here is our little stole-away, Elaine.   She was such a good girl on the trip.  It was fun to be able to spoil her a little bit as she got our undivided attention. :)
 
Jim and I brought home the kids these huge pine cones that we found on our walk during our trip.  The kids thought they were pretty cool.  However, they were kind of prickly and one little critter did travel home with us and decided to come out and say hi when we gave them to the kids.  The pine cones ended up going outside quickly after that, but not before we could get a quick picture.

A big thank you to Grandma and Grandpa who watched the big kids for us.  They had the best time and so did we!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  We love you! :)

1 comment:

Lois said...

Such a fun weekend! I know we needed the get away ... I'm sure you guys needed it, too! It's not that you want to get away from your kids exactly but it's just that it's nice to be able to just concentrate on yourselves for a little while. Of course, Elaine was there but like you said, in a way it was kind of nice to give her some undivided attention, too. I'm so glad you guys were able to go!